May 17, 2013

Mac Morange

MAC Morange is a statement lipstick. You need a lot of guts to pull off a lipstick as bright and as gorgeous as this one. I dreamt of wearing this with just a powder and a newly waxed eyebrows :) 



I envy every girls who can easily pull this off. I ENVY THEM! 
Look how gorgeous it is. 





So I asked a friend if she can get me this shade along with 12 other shades from Mac-she agreed-and I was at my happiest. When my Nordstrom package arrives, this is the first thing I searched, opened and swatched. And Oh Boy! I literally cried in dismay! 

Don't get me wrong! Morange is a very beautiful shade, one of the most popular shade Mac has ever created. It is a bright orange---neon-y color--- BOLD, LOUD, GARISH for some. 






It is amplified finish---rich, creamy, pigmented and easy to apply as it glides so smoothly on my lips. One swipe is okay, double it to catch more attention. 


Photo above is taken without flash  and with direct sunlight. 


 Photo above is taken without flash with window lighting
See how it wash away my skin :(


I justified my first swatch with Morange. I was contemplating every now and then. Maybe I had a bad or terrible skin during my first try and maybe I need to be blemish free in order for me to pull this off. I then let it sit in my vanity for over a month before I had the courage to try it on again.

Apparently on my second time, it"s still the same. I think it washes out my entire face and the only thing that I can see in the mirror is my neon orange lips. No matter how I change my make up, I just couldn't feel comfortable. Husband says it looked okay on me but continues with "fuchsia is way better on you" hi hi hi i guess he just don't want to hurt my feelings. 

This is my different takes on Mac Morange. First photo is under ambient light, second photo is with flash and 3rd photo is under direct sunlight.

I also have a pink and pigmented lips so maybe it doesn't blend well with it. I really don't know why I can't looked okay with Mac Morange. I'm so disappointed with myself coz I know how gorgeous Morange is. 

xoxo,
chäyë

No comments: