June 7, 2013

China Glaze's Ahoy!



Ahoy! is a part of Anchors Away Collection that was released in 2011. Unfortunately for me, the nearest distributor of China Glaze isn't that near. And I always end up with not so popular colors. I ordered for this last 2nd quarter of 2012 and I finally got this beauty by 3rd quarter of 2012. That long! I literally jump in happiness when i received a text message that this was finally restocked. 





Ahoy is a pretty deep magenta. On the bottle and on nails, it's a jelly deep magenta.




It has micro golden glass like shimmer that's very difficult to capture on camera. 




Glass like because it just sparkles even without a top coat.




Ahoy! is one of my favorite pink polish. As I said you don't need to put on a top coat because it just glisten like a newly painted. It's always like that, even after a week. Yes, it stays that long on my nails without any chip. You can get away with just one coat but I prefer two coats, as always.

The formula is just perfect. I have other China Glaze polish that when I personally apply it I will just remove them after coz no matter how careful I am on applying, I always mess up. And I always end up going to a nail salon  for professional help. This one is an exception. No streak, no visible nail lines. It's just so pigment perfect. The brush glides smoothly and most specially you can control the polish flow. Isn't just perfect? :)




I'm ecstatic about Ahoy! because it's one of the few pink polish on my stack that I can comfortably wear on my toes. I don't know with you guys but there are lots of pink nail polish that no matter how good it looks on my finger nails, I just can't feel the same way if I use it on my toe nails. Weird eh? ha ha :)




This is Ahoy! captured in artificial light. Photos above are all taken under natural light :)




Since 3rd quarter of 2012, Ahoy! has been one of my favorite pink. I use it when I'm in doubt on what color to wear and I can't decided, when I need a pop of color on a plain outfit, when I need a quick polish fix and when I'm not feeling well and I need to stay in bed so I can stare at something that can lighten my day. :)

How about you guys? What's your Ahoy! effect? Share them :)

Don't forget to follow me on IG it's @chayesanchez and @pinkrubbershoes on twitter

xoxo,
chaye







No comments: