June 19, 2013

Recalling 8 Suites by Fat Jimmy's

(credit: photo above is from their site)

A few months ago, we were able to book a night stay at Canyon Cove. But I was contemplating if I'm gonna cancel coz we will spend at least three hours drive just to spent 2 days and 1 night there. We used to stay there for 3 days & 2 nights so it's kinda worth the long drive. DH feels my disappointment so he suggest to look for a hotel in Tagaytay where we can spend the day before we head out to Canyon Cove in Nasugbu, Batangas, the following day. So i agreed. I was kinda eyeing for a night stay at The Boutique: Bed and Breakfast but it's fully booked. So I search & search until my browser find the photo above. It was love at first sight. :)

8 Suites by Fat Jimmy's is located inside a none gated village in Iruhin, Tagaytay City, right after Crosswinds, Tagaytay and before you reach Tagaytay Highlands. On the main road it looks like a two-storey residential building, but a surprise is waiting for you to discover.

Upon arriving, there are two staff waiting for us at the main entrance casually chatting with the guard. They carried our stuff at the lobby where we are greeted with big smiles and warm pleasantries from the front desk staff.  I first noticed the fresh plants inside the lobby, a plus point.



 The lobby looks welcoming, comfortable, and spacious. The sunlight's peeking into the glass wall part of the lobby. I love it.  






One of the staff accompanied me at the comfy sofa at the lobby while DH is busy filling out something at the front desk and nephew is too busy lurking around.



We waited for a few minutes at the lobby as they double check the cleanliness, completeness and safety of the room. Good point on providing the second floor with complete overlooking view of the entire lobby, making it look and feel a lot more bigger :)



 The hotel have 8 suites, hence the name :) They have three Deluxe Suites, three Premier Suites and two Sweetest Suites. You can check their rates here. We booked for the Deluxe Suite coz it comes with two Queen sized. We need two beds coz my nephew/godson Andrei tagged along. 



The Deluxe Suite is quite good. The color combinations of the wall and fixtures are eye soothing and very relaxing. The room smells of lavender. The beds are soft, it's pillow top bed. They have generous enough to provide a 300 thread count linens and goose down pillows.






The room is equipped with a 32" flat screen TV, dvd player, ipod dock, personal ref, closet, electric pot with selection of coffee, tray of junk foods and an album with list of movies and books that you can borrow.


 They have  a nice bathroom design, beautiful sink (which I forgot to photograph), immaculately clean (I'm very particular about tiles and the spaces between tiles). The rain shower head is kinda regular but I love, love, love the toiletries. They serve "Ilog Maria" spearmint and lavender soap. I'm a huge fan of Ilog Maria Honeybee Farm. They are heavenly! I also fell in love with their hair dyer, so the next time I went to Rustans, I bought the same make and model :)



 Our room opened up to a medium size terrace with two sets of two seater garden set. I didn't get to enjoy the view because it's chilly. But nephew spent a lot of time there while playing psp and bird watching. 


The view from our room terrace is amazing. 





I had a massage late afternoon. The spa is located 2 floors down (reveal; photos later) at the back. I was really excited coz I'm a sucker for massage. I had 1 1/2 hours of combination massage (Swedish & Shiatsu). It was great. 

The only thing that didn't feel great is the fact that I have to use the stairs 2 floors up to go back to our room. An elevator can help! I feel exhausted after I reached our room.





We ordered french fries and clubhouse sandwich to the room service and they delivered it, quick. It was good too. We eat out for dinner coz nephew is asking for Gerry's Grill so we drove 15 minutes back to the city proper. The night was lovely, lights are all over the city. 




DH & I had coffee after dinner and we went back to the hotel. Another 15 minute drive but it's okay :) we had fun!



We went back around 9pm and the guards & night shift staffs are very welcoming too. We ordered our preferred breakfast before we ended the night.



 I had a very good sleep here in 8 Suites. (I can't help but recall my experience in Oakwood). Morning sunrise is a beautiful sight. I can't help but be grateful. We had an option to eat al fresco, in bed and on their breakfast hall. Nephew chose the later. 

The breakfast hall have glass wall overlooking Taal Lake, too bad it's still foggy when we had our breakfast, it's not yet visible.



I wanted to sit on this beautiful breakfast table for two but then again.... nephew. 




 So we settled for the Victorian dining table. 



After breakfast, we waste no time, I'm too eager to see heir huge garden at the back. And again it's two floors down.




The garden turned out to be my favorite part. It's so amazing. It looks like an infinity garden coz behind the metal railing is a cliff that overlooked the Taal Lake. I was amazed, it was so close. From the garden you can see that the two-storey hotel at the main entrance is actually  a four floor magnificent looking building... that's the surprise :) The first floor is kinda hidden.



You can feel the serenity and your closeness to nature while in there. I loved our stay and hopefully we can stay there again. I'm currently looking for their promo rates ha ha :)

xoxo,
chaye



No comments: