June 17, 2013

Sprinkles and Crumbs cupcake

Frostings cupcake  is my most favorite cupcake. Remember when the 5th level of Rustans Glorietta was called Heaven on the 5th? Back then the 3rd floor was my own heaven level :) It is because of the little snack bar (in front of the toy section) that offer tons of flavors of cupcakes---back when cupcakes isn't that big & hype here in the Philippines. It was the only thing that keeps me coming back to Glorietta. I was so happy then to find out that they also have a little corner in Edsa Shangri La Mall. I used to sit in their little chairs (meant for kids) and consume a cupcake or two then buy at least a dozen for take out. 

So imagine my pain and disappointment when I visit and find out they're gone. The long renovations of Rustans Shangri La moved them from another side and to another side till they're gone for good :( My leisure stroll at Shangri La Mall isn't the same anymore. I missed their Blueberry Cream Cheese, Strawberries and Cream and most especially their Ube Macapuno cupcake. I miss munching my take out while I'm having my nails done at Nail Spa. 

Last time I was at Shangri La, I was making my way to National Bookstore and there it is; a very chic looking cupcake store. It says "Sprinkle & Crumbs". And i totally forgot to take a photo! Stupid me! 

The packaging is so cute. 



Looking at their display is a bit overwhelming. It took me a while to decide. And since their price aren't that high I chose to try their most expensive (PhP 60.00) and one of their cheapest cupcake. I just ordered 2 red velvet, 1 chocolate velvet and a vanilla cupcake. Prices range between PhP 40-60 each, depending on the flavor. 


I ate them all after I got home. Well, hubby and I shared each. And surprise, surprise!!! Their red velvet cupcakes are actually good. They're fluffy, moist, not too sweet (for me) and delectable. Worth the price, if I may say! 

xoxo,
chaye

No comments: